Saturday, March 29, 2008

Communion, Conflict and Hope

I have spent the past 40+ days not commenting on the many things to have transpired in the Anglican universe -- and it's been very nice. Taking a step back from the bru-ha-ha has been very healthy.

It occurred to me that I would have much to take up in my return to blogging -- such as Rowan's comments on Sharia, or the various machinations of the Alphabet-soup contingent of realigners, or the club-footed way in which TEC has handled this and that.

But I think -- no point in chiming in on all that.

What I have enjoyed however, is the report of the Third Inter-Anglican Theological and Doctrinal Commission which issued the piece entitled 'Communion, Conflict and Hope.'

This is the kind of thing that all of us should be reading and reflecting upon as a global fellowship of independent but mutually embracing churches.

No comments: